If the tracking number confirms delivery to your address and you did not receive the package, don't worry; shipping carriers usually deliver items within two days of scanning them Out for Delivery or Delivered. Here are some additional tips for locating a delivered package:
- Verify your shipping address is correct, from the email confirmation we've sent to you.
- Check the exterior of your house for a notice of attempted delivery. If there is one, call the number on the card to reschedule delivery or pick up.
- Look around the entrances of your residence for the package. Search on back porches, in bushes, garages, under grills, or in other places that might protect your package from theft or weather. Delivery drivers may also use plastic bags to protect your package from the weather. Also note, some items such as jewelry are very small and may be shipped in envelopes, tucked among other mail.
- Check with any family members, roommates, or neighbors who may have received the package for you. If you live in an apartment complex, contact your rental office to see if they are holding your package. Some packages won’t fit in your mailbox so carriers will leave packages at a manager’s office for safekeeping.
- Speak with the specific postal carrier who delivers your mail, as they must scan the package in order to mark it "Delivered."
- Wait 36 hours - in rare cases, packages may have been scanned Delivered up to 36 hours prior to arrival. If your order has not arrived 36 hours after tracking shows "Delivered", then you will want to file a missing package claim with the shipping carrier directly.
- If you have had several packages lost or stolen, consider reporting this to a higher authority such as the postal inspector, or your local police department.
Few more Things to do & Consider:
- USPS (in the USA) delivery vans have GPS that sometimes automatically updates a shipment as "delivered" prematurely. Wait another business day because the package was most likely marked as delivered accidentally, and will arrive the following day
- Allow an extra business day for your parcel to arrive.
- Contact UPS Hotline - they are liable for mis-delivered mail 1-800-742-5877
- Contact your local post office and request them to search for the missing parcel. Your best bet is to contact the post office and ask them to ask the driver where he/she left the package. Or, perhaps the package is being held at your local post office.
- Panic - we receive messages quite often from concerned customers who have received a "Delivery" notice, only to find their parcel is nowhere. Without fail, the package is usually delivered a few days later, or a notice from customs is found in the mailbox. :)